Apple’s MacBook is one of the product which comes with the class and elegant look. Many people are willing to pay the high price for its design itself. Apart from its design its performance is also overwhelming.
Recently Apple receives few cases regarding the issue with its keyboard. The previous generation of MacBook keyboard was using the scissors mechanism. A few years ago, the Apple design team designed the MacBook keyboard which uses the butterfly mechanism. You can take a look at the video below to understand more on the butterfly mechanism.
According to Apple, the recent issue is due to its design of the butterfly keyboard mechanism. Whenever a speck of dust or a very tiny object stuck inside, the keyboard doesn’t work. However, the number of MacBook being affected is very small. To fix this issue, Apple has made an announcement. Below is the statement from Apple.
Apple on Tuesday said it was changing a material used in its butterfly keyboards and expanding its keyboard-repair program. The program previously covered first- and second-generation keyboards, but now includes coverage of the third-generation keyboards introduced last year on MacBook Air and high-end MacBook Pro models.
Now, Apple updates its Keyboard Service Program by replacing the affected ones with a new keyboard for free. Here is the list of MacBooks.
List of eligible MacBooks for the Keyboard Service Program
- MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015)
- MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2016)
- MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, 2017)
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Two Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019)
For Malaysians, if your MacBook keyboard is problematic too, then you should first back up all your data before bringing it to an Apple Authorized Service Provider. The most famous ones in Malaysia are Switch and Machines. First, the diagnostic team will check your MacBook before replacing the keyboard. Once you are eligible for this program only, they will replace it for you.
In conclusion, feel free to contact the Apple official support team if you have any clarification. You can also post your comment to us, we are willing to help you too.