How many times, when you were browsing to your Facebook or Twitter News Feed and the videos in it plays automatically. That would be totally an embarrassment if it plays in the public or in the meeting. The reason the tech giants come with this feature, is to grab your attention to the video which plays.
Sometimes, this feature is very annoying. Imagine, there are some videos which are harmful and exposing and it plays automatically. These are the contents you should not play on Facebook or Twitter. Previously, there is no filter to autoplay the types of videos on your feed. Now, browsers such as Google and Firefox have built-in a feature in its own browsers respectively where you can turn off the autoplay feature.
Turn off autoplay feature in Facebook
To turn off the autoplay feature in browser is straight forward. First, navigate to the Settings menu from the drop down menu at the top right of the page. Then click on the Videos on the left side of the page. Then you can see there is a button to turn off the auto play feature.
If you are using Facebook for iOS and Android then you have to follow the steps below.
- Navigate to the menu page by clicking on the fifth button on the bottom of your screen.
- Then, tap the “Settings & Privacy” which is located above the Logout button.
- Then tap the “Settings” button.
- Next, you should scroll down to the bottom of the page where you will find “Media and contacts” and then tap on the “Videos and photos”.
- The last step is you will be able to find the Autoplay feature to be turned off.
Turn off autoplay feature in Twitter
If you are using the browser to use Twitter then it is very simple. You have click on your profile picture on the top right side of the page. Next, then click on the “Settings and privacy” button. Then scroll down you will see the checkbox to disable the autoplay feature for the videos. Uncheck on it to disable this feature.
If you are using Twitter for iOS and Android then you have to follow the steps below.
- Tap on your profile picture at the top of your screen.
- Select the “Settings and privacy” from the menu screen.
- Navigate to “Data usage”. Under the section set the “Video autoplay” option to “never”.
Our advice to you would be it is better to off this feature to make sure you don’t embarrass yourself.