No matter what type of privacy issue hits WhatsApp, it is still strong when it comes to the end-to-end encrypted messaging platforms. Billions of active users are sending WhatsApp messages to their loved ones. And some of them are still using quite older phones to send messages. Starting November onwards, WhatsApp has confirmed that these 43 smartphones will no longer be able to use WhatsApp. If your smartphone is part of this list, then I think it’s time for you to change your smartphone.
Here is the list of smartphone which is not supported by WhatsApp starting November onwards:
- Samsung Galaxy Trend Lite, Galaxy Trend II, Galaxy SII, Galaxy S3 mini, Galaxy Xcover 2, Galaxy Core and Galaxy Ace 2.
- LGLucid 2, Optimus F7, Optimus F5, Optimus L3 II Dual, Optimus F5, Optimus L5, Optimus L5 II, Optimus L5 Dual, Optimus L3 II, Optimus L7, Optimus L7 II Dual, Optimus L7 II, Optimus F6, Enact , Optimus L4 II Dual, Optimus F3, Optimus L4 II, Optimus L2 II, Optimus Nitro HD and 4X HD and Optimus F3Q.
- ZTE: Grand S Flex, ZTE V956, Grand X Quad V987 and Grand Memo.
- Sony Xperia Miro, Sony Xperia Neo L, Xperia Arc S
- Archos 53 Platinum, HTC Desire 500, Caterpillar Cat B15, Wiko Cink Five, Wiko Darknight, Lenovo A820, UMi X2, Faea F1 and THL W8.
- Huawei Ascend Mate and Ascend D2Alcatel: One Touch Evo 7
- Apple iPhone SE, 6S, and 6S Plus
I am not really sure about other smartphones, but I am more concerned with Apple iPhone users who will lose access to the WhatsApp app. There are still a lot of people who are using iPhone SE, iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus. Some of my relatives as well are still using these models of iPhones.
Exactly on the 1st of November 2021, these 43 smartphones will not be able to access WhatsApp. According to the WhatsApp FAQ page, it confirms that any Android phone which runs older than Android 4.0.4 will stop getting access to WhatsApp. Whereas, iPhone users, who are still using iOS 9 or older as well won’t be able to use WhatsApp on their phones.
In conclusion, I personally think it is the right time for you to change your existing smartphones if your phone model is part of these lists.