The latest WhatsApp desktop app no longer requires you to connect your phone in order to send, receive, and sync messages. It’s about time, right?
According to an update on WhatsApp’s website, they are currently developing apps that are native to Windows and Mac operating systems. This means that the app should operate faster, be more responsive, optimized for your desktop operating system and enable you to receive notifications even when your phone is offline.
The new Windows app is no longer in beta and is now available for download from the Microsoft Store.
Here’s how to use the WhatsApp Desktop app on Windows:
- Launch WhatsApp on your phone.
- Tap More options on Android or Settings on iPhone.
- Tap Linked Devices.
- Point your phone camera to the QR code that appears on your WhatsApp Desktop App.
Here’s how to use the WhatsApp Desktop app on Mac:
- As is it still in development, you can test it out for early access by downloading the beta program.
- You can use WhatsApp Web in your browser or download the WhatsApp Desktop app, which is web-based.
Although this new version seems almost similar to the previous version of the app, there might be a slight change in its interface. You can try to download it now and test it out!