At the beginning of March Touch N’ Go extended its pilot test program for a few weeks. Upon receiving a lot of requests, Touch ‘n Go is offering instant installation at few of the shopping malls in the area of Klang Valley. Previously users have to pre-register for the pilot test program. After that, they will be called to the fitting centre to fix the RFID tag on their vehicle.
You can get the RFID sticker at these below locations for now. Note that, these participating fitment centres are open from 10 am to 10 pm daily only during April. If you wish to install it on your vehicle, you can walk-in to the locations below during this period of time.
- Aeon Big Bukit Rimau, Shah Alam;
- Aeon Big, Kepong;
- Berjaya Times Square, KL;
- Empire Shopping Gallery, Subang Jaya;
- Sunway Velocity Mall, Cheras;
- Tesco, Pusat Bandar Puchong;
- Tesco Extra, Cheras;
- Tesco, Setia Alam;
- Tesco Bukit Tinggi, Klang
You might need to bring a few documents as stated below before walking into the fitment centre. Obviously, you need to bring your car along with you.
- Original and copy of your IC
- Original and copy of your driving license
- Copy of your vehicle ownership certificate (Grant)
- Copy of your vehicle’s insurance cover note
- The authorisation letter that is signed by the owner (Note: This is only applicable if the vehicle is not under your name)
You can visit the FAQ page to get more information about the Touch N’ Go RFID system. If you don’t have any idea about the TNG RFID system then you can visit here to get a better understanding. As for now, Touch ‘n Go states that there are more than 100,00 vehicles with RFID system in Malaysia. In March itself, Touch ‘n Go RFID system is available at 23 highways covering 167 lanes. Here is the list of highways where you can use the RFID system.
In conclusion, if you are staying in Klang Valley area, then you should get your car installed with the RFID sticker which is secure and theft proof. Install it now before it’s too late.