In case you have been waiting for the Samsung Galaxy Fold, we have good news for you. Samsung has shown a green light to launch the Galaxy Fold to its consumers on September. Initially, Samsung plans to release the Galaxy Fold in May. However, due to the screen issue which is found by tech reviewers, Samsung had to postpone the launch of the Samsung Galaxy Fold.
During the hold-off period, Samsung has made several improvements to the Galaxy Fold to ensure consumers have the best possible experience. Samsung has reevaluated the product design and make the necessary improvements which, includes rigorous tests to validate the changes it has made. Below are the improvements Samsung made for the Samsung Galaxy Fold.
- The top protective layer of the Infinity Flex Display has been extended beyond the bezel, making it apparent that it is an integral part of the display structure and not meant to be removed.
- Galaxy Fold features additional reinforcements to better protect the device from external particles while maintaining its signature foldable experience:
- The top and bottom of the hinge area have been strengthened with newly added protection caps.
- Additional metal layers underneath the Infinity Flex Display have been included to reinforce the protection of the display.
- The space between the hinge and body of Galaxy Fold has been reduced.
Better User Experience
Other than the fixing the screen issues, Samsung is also working hard to improve the overall user experience of the Galaxy Fold. This includes optimizing more apps and services for its unique foldable user experience.
You will feel more comfortable to hold the Galaxy Fold in one hand. This is because of the luxurious finished material it uses. You can access to your essential apps from the cover display by holding it on your palm. The latest update to the Galaxy Fold is multitasking where you can work on your presentation slides while talking on a video call.
According to Samsung, it really appreciates the support and patience it receives from all of its fans all over the world. Looks like Samsung still will be holding the position to be the world’s first foldable phone.
Pricing and Availability
At the moment, Samsung didn’t reveal the pricing details yet. However, we can expect Samsung to reveal the final date in these coming weeks. Previously, Samsung fixes the price at $1,980 (RM8,150). Do you think Samsung could revise the pricing details once again? Lets us know in the comment section below.
In conclusion, the Galaxy Fold will be available in Malaysia too as Malaysia is one of the key markets for Samsung. With all these improvements done, we can expect most of the consumers will be getting their hand-on the Galaxy Fold soon.